Thoughts for the week.....
Hello everyone, I hope that you and your family are all healthy and well. We continue practicing social distancing and staying safe. Religious Education in-person classes are still cancelled for the foreseeable future. Lent continues to be our time to prepare and even though we may have a lot off difficult things going on around us, GOD is still with us. GOD is still listening to us, watching us and helping us... we just have to be open to GOD and strengthen our faith. In order for the teens to continue their sacramental preparation we are changing the format of teaching. Online quizzes will be our method for continuing education and are required for this year. If your teens have not already done so they must go to the links on this site for the quizzes, create their user profile and then start taking the quizzes. There is plenty of opportunity to practice before taking the quizzes and it is recommended they do practice first. Aside from the quizzes, we continue to try and move closer to God through our daily actions. We can use prayer every day, read from the bible as a family and discuss. The church is still open and we can pray the rosary or walk the stations of the cross also to strengthen our faith. We miss all the teens and everyone in our church and hope to see you soon. God Bless you all, stay safe and healthy.
4/1 This week we are focusing on Stations of the Cross. I have attached a document with the stations for you to review. Please read the stations from the attached document on this page. Read and think about the section on meditations. Answer the following questions for one Station (You choose):
1. Which station did you pick from?
2. What happened at that station? Describe it as you remember reading it.
3. How does what happened to Jesus relate to your life today? For instance, in the first station where Jesus is condemned to death without any real evidence. Have you ever been accused of something and you had nothing to do with it?
4. Write a prayer with the station you picked in mind. Your words should reflect a conversation with God about that station, such as "God please help me get through this time where my mom and dad think I broke their lamp. Please help us get through the anger because that lamp was given to them by my grandpa and it was one of the few things they had from him. Please let the truth be known and let us continue to love each other and have peace. Amen."
5. Email your answers to: RE@saintlukecatholic.org
Feel free to use this handout to walk the stations of the cross in church"
Are you ready to test your knowledge....try our Quizlets!
It is time for you to test your knowledge! We will be providing different topics for you to be quizzed on.
Please create an account, using the following format:
First Name + First Letter of Last Name
e.g. JoseG for Jose Gonzales.
If your name is already taken, put in number 2or3 etc., e.g. JoseG2
Only results with correctly named accounts will be accepted. You need to beat the top result of Fr. Pawel in the category: SCATTER.
Learn first by using the tabs of: Flashcards, Learn, Speller, Test
Tip: try to practice as much as possible without an account so that only good results are visible for your account.